Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Womb Expulsion Day

Today I celebrate the anniversary of being evicted out of my mother's uterus, so I would like to thank her for pushing me out of her body and up to greater heights (metaphorically, not literally, since she didn't pass on any good height genes). Embarrassingly, I forgot it was my birthday until I logged into Facebook (isn't Facebook great for birthday reminders?). I guess it's hard to remember one's own birthday when you don't look any older.

The shock of it being my birthday was however quickly eclipsed by the realisation I was 22.
sigh...why does the gap between a 21 and 22 year-old seem far greater than the gap between 20 and 21 year-old?

  • Scientists have recently discovered that birthdays are great for one's health. Statistics (p<0.05) reveal that those that have more, have a longer life expectancy. 
  • About to blow out my birthday candles, I was going to wish for a cure to cancer and AIDS. But then your decision to harmonise the end of Happy Birthday meant I had to wish you were dead.
  • Hey, you used no capital letters, no smiley emoticons and only a single exclamation mark to wish me a happy birthday on Fb. Are you feeling alright man? I'm here if you ever need to talk about anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment